Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

{2} Months Old

Who knew turning 2 months old could be so much fun?!
Ok so I have come to the conclusion that I can NOT stop time.  I tried.  It didn't work.  Therefore I'm soaking up every second with my little man!  This is my last week at home.  It makes me sad and I'll probably cry all day next Monday.  :*(  I know he will be totally fine and taken care of it's just that it has been just the two of us for a little over 2 months and no one else in our world for the most part.  My selfish side doesn't want to share him with anyone!  HA!  But for our little family of three to get on some sort of routine sharing him and all his little baby love is what's best.

Roper man is really coming alive and developing his own little personality!  He's a happy baby and that makes life good for mom and pops!  The morning time is my favorite time of day with him!  We wake up and talk about what we are going to do during the day and he just smiles and coos like he really is understanding every word that comes out of my mouth!  I enjoy a cup of coffee.  He enjoys a bottle.  Life is good in the mornings!  We've gotten on bit of a routine now give or take an hour so that's been nice.  I've been able to get a little housework accomplished or have a little down time for myself when I know he is going to take a nap.  Beau and Marley still don't seem too interested in Roper.  I think they might have a slight attitude towards him because they aren't our main focus anymore!  Ah well...they'll adjust just like we did!

Things Roper Loves
1.  Sleeping on our belly {maybe that's a no-no but he likes it and I'm pretty sure he sleeps better that way...and it's only during naps so...there ya go}
2.  Smiling and 'talking'
3.  The giraffe sound machine
4.  Sleeping in the pack and play
5.  Laying on the activity mat and looking up at the lights.

What Roper Can Do
1.  Move his head very well.  He has really good control.  It still bobbles but not near as much as it did.
2.  Cry tears.  Like real tears!  Poor baby...we don't like to see those.
3.  Smile and laugh and coo...so sweet!
4.  Eat.  Sleep.  Poop.

Milestones This Month
1.  Roper will take anywhere from 4-6oz of formula at a time now.
2.  Cried a "you hurt me/my feelings" cry when we were trying to get a picture of him in a pumpkin.
3.  Slept over at Granmomma's house TWO times.

No comments:

Post a Comment