Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Time {PLEASE} Come Back.....

I've slacked...for almost a whole month!!  Things that used to be important just aren't anymore.  Every time I would think about blogging...something else came up or either Roper was in my hands and I would just choose not to move!  Tonight he's in bed and I don't feel totally exhausted or like I should run to bed myself so I thought I might take advantage of a little down time and do a little blog catch up!  Roper is exactly 8 weeks old now.  *SIGH*  It just makes me sad.  I mean, happy because he's growing and developing but sad because as much as I hate to admit it, he's not going to be an itty bitty baby for much longer!!  He's smiling and cooing now.  One of the best parts of my day is going to get him up in the mornings.  He is usually already awake and when I go to get him.  I will talk to him at first and ask him what we are going to do that day!  He just looks at me and will smile the biggest smile.  How awesome is that?!  He gets all excited and kicks his legs and feet around and we "talk" for a bit before I actually pick him up.  The noises he makes are the sweetest things I've ever heard.  I think he gets tickled at himself sometimes when he realizes that the noise he just heard came from him!  Usually once we are good and awake we enjoy a little bit of the Today show.  That's really the only TV we watch during the day.  We have a bottle and take a morning nap after that.  I try to do what housework needs to be done while he's sleeping but that's not always what happens.  When he wakes up from a morning nap we have another bottle and then hang our for a little bit during lunch.  He normally goes back down for a good 3 hour nap after that and then I do...whatever it is I've been doing for 8 weeks.  When Curt comes home and after he gets changed he takes over while I finish up or get supper started.  Around 8-8:30 is bath time followed by another bottle and then we are usually out for the night!  On Wednesday's and Friday's we hangout with Granmomma {and so thankful for that time} and for the past 2 weeks we have hung out with Mawmaw a couple of days!  Roper has so many people that love him so much!!  We also had a big introduction!!  Little Miss Finley Morgan Hill has been over TWO times already and we all just love her to pieces!  How cute are her and Roper going to be once they realize the other one exists!?!?!  I'm definitely not rushing them to grow up but I do know when those days get here we are all going to have so much fun!!  I have several pictures to share.  I'll try my best to give a summary with each picture.  I know now that I am going to have to write more than once a month!  So much happens that if I don't, when I finally do, it's going to be a small book!!

brothers from another mother


small photo session at granmomma's house outside

peek-a-boo

ok so this is so not funny but so cute!

snicker wanted his picture taken, too

roper didn't like the chair but his stuffed friends did.

our bff, finley

finley's daddy doesn't want the two babies touching...this is them sleeping in separate beds!

sweet finley

13 days apart

leanna and i with our babies

CA-UTE

ok so i did a 5k in under 45 {i was happy with that}.  roper was 6 weeks old.

watching football

sunday afternoon and everyone likes to nap
 Ok...the next few pictures need more than just a caption.  A few weeks ago I saw a picture of a baby in a pumpkin.  How stinkin cute, right?!  My dad sells pumpkins...I have a baby...this should be a great picture!  HA!  To keep this story as short yet detailed as possible...I cut the top of the pumpkin and gutted it.  Roper needed leg room so I used a drill and a large bit to make holes.  He needed MORE leg room so Gary was at the farm during our photo session and helped out.  Once Roper finally got into the pumpkin it was obvious my fabulous plan was not going to work.  I don't like it when things don't go my way, however, Roper was getting a bit fussy so it was time to call it and forget the whole idea.  As my mom went to pull Roper out of the pumpkin it became clear he was not going anywhere.  He was stuck!!  My dad fell down to his knees and almost pulled a Hulk Hogan act on the pumpkin.  Thankfully we got my baby out of that pumpkin.  He was already crying but after he got out he cried a cry that he has NOT cried before.  It tore me up!  Poor baby cried like we really hurt his feelings.  I think his little belly might have gotten pinched on the initial pull out.  Needless to say I won't be putting him in another pumpkin.  The following pictures are just a brief show and tell of how it all unfolded!
granmomma with the initial drop in.

big daddy love

gary and granmomma pulling his legs through the opening

big daddy in on the action

trying to prop him up

just a rockin..
 
finally getting to "see" uncle B


No comments:

Post a Comment