Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 11, 2011

First {Big Church} Trip

We ventured out of the house today.  All 3 of us in our Sunday best.  Roper attended his first Belden Baptist Church service AKA "Big Church".  While Curt and I were dating he would ask me if we were going to "BIG CHURCH".  That used to crack me up because who still calls it "BIG CHURCH?"  I sure don't!  I mean, helllo...we're adults now, Curt.  It's preaching.  Haha...anyhoo, Bro. Gary Gray preached the sermon since Bro. Jim is on a mission trip.  Not only was it a special day because it was Roper's first trip to church but it was also the 10th anniversary of 9/11.  Hard to believe that tragic day happened 10 years ago.  The choir at church preformed a small tribute to our nation and it was very emotional for me.  I do love a good patriotic song but knowing why those songs were sung today made it extra special.

Roper made it through the service like a champ...in his Granmomma's arms no doubt and he had lots of admirers.  I will admit I was very anxious about going to church this morning for several reasons.  We all made it just fine though and I know it will only get easier.

A true Baptist?!  ;)

Uncle Trick before he heads back to SC.

No comments:

Post a Comment