Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 17, 2011

One Month Old

YAY!!  I'm a whole ONE month old!
WARNING:  THIS POST MY CAUSE TEARS OF NUMEROUS EMOTIONS.  PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

How is Roper already a month old?!  I mean, seriously...is someone somewhere hiding behind a curtain pressing the fast forward button on life ?  As I take a deep breath I think I have accepted that time is going to literally fly by so I'm doing everything I can to enjoy every single moment of it.  Roper is awesome!  And YES, I am partial!  He's the best baby, burp-er, napper {during the day}...he's just the best everything!  I continue to gaze at him almost confused in a way because I just can't believe that he is here!  What did I do to deserve this precious miracle?!  Even at 3 o'clock in the morning when I am pretty much a walking zombie I am still so thankful for him and almost get giddy that he is all mine!  In the past month Roper has already met so many family members and lots of his parent's friends.  Everyone says what a pretty {boys can be pretty in a handsomely way!} baby he is and of course Curt and I agree!  Three people Roper hasn't met yet are the Hill's; Todd, LeAnna, and little Miss Finley.  I can't wait to get Roper and Finley together!!  I'm sure it's going to be love at first sight!  Speaking of love at first sight...Marley and Beau, our English Springer Spaniel and Lab are slowly warming up to the idea that they are not the babies anymore.  Curt and I still haven't let them get too close just because I don't want them licking all over his little face but they are very aware that there is a new person living with us now and are adjusting {a little slower than I would like} but adjusting nonetheless.  Another adjustment I have personally made has been my prayer life.  Before Roper I prayed...just not consistently as I know I should have.  As a Christian it gets hard doing, living, and saying all the things that I know I am supposed to do, live, and say.  However, now that Roper is here I feel like I'm praying off and on all day and constantly thanking God for our sweet baby or either asking Him to please help me get through a difficult situation.  I can't imagine not knowing God as my personal savior and knowing that He is going to be by my side and have his hand over my family continuously, but I do know that without Him, I would be a hot mess!  :)     

So, my hope for my blog posts of Roper's first year will be to have a little bit of a layout that I go by.  Things we love, What he can do, and Milestones.  I think those three categories should cover most everything but ooooobviously I'll be posting more than just once a month.  I'll be eager to let everyone know just what my baby boy is up to!

Things We Love  
{The first few of these are more for Curt and I right now}
1.  Pampers Swaddlers.  We have tried three different diapers and so far we love the swaddlers. 
2.  Pampers wipes!  These have been the best ones so far for the wipe warmer and they seem softer for Roper's itty bitty baby skin!
3.  THE Nap Nanny.  Oh nap nanny, all three of us love you!
4.  The bouncy seat!  Roper seems to enjoy that when he is about to fall asleep.  The vibration is a good touch to knock him right out.
5.  Roper LOVES to stretch out!  Especially on his changing pad!  He just stares at the wall but it seems to be one of his favorite places!  

What We Can Do
1.  Eat
2.  Sleep
3.  Poop
4.  Repeat 1-3
5.  As for momma, I can do a lot more with one hand than I thought was ever possible!

Milestones
1.  Roper can pick his head up and hold it for several seconds!  He can even turn his head from side to side while holding his head up.  I'm pretty sure somewhere that is a sign of a genius!  ;)
2.  Only because we live in the south am I mentioning this...but Roper has now...how shall I say...been in the same room at the same time that Mississippi State and Ole Miss have played football on TV.  It's uncertain which team he will cheer for...but that might be good considering both teams aren't much to cheer for so far this year!  

So that's what we have had going on at the Hines house.  Although it saddens me that a whole month has already come and gone, I am excited about the months to come and watching my baby grow!  Being a parent has already been exciting, tiring, and trying but I know that with God and Curt on my side...I got this!  

I hope to do this every month!!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a handsome man! Emmy just celebrated her first birthday and I lost it the day before because I couldn't believe a year has already passed. I know you've heard it a 100 times, but soak up every minute with your little man!!

    ReplyDelete